Saturday, August 12, 2006

Beauty in the Broken

Some of you may have heard of a CCM group called Starfield. They're a bunch of young guys from Canada, whose first CD - Starfield - was a great way to launch their music ministry to the world at large.




They recently released their 2nd CD, Beauty in the Broken. And of course, I went along to Koorong to pick up a copy.




I've been listening to the CD for a few days now, and I must say I'm impressed. Their musical style has developed and deepened, while still maintaining the yearning passion for God that was so evident in their original CD.

Some favourite tracks are:


The Hand that Holds the World
I want to stand before the King
Join in the song that heaven sings
I want to hold the hand that holds the world
I want to know the mystery
Reach out and touch the majesty
I want to hold the hand that holds the world...

Son of God
Son of God
The Father's gift to us
You alone
Were broken on the altar of love
Precious Lamb
Our freedom's in Your blood

Great is the Lord
If You should speak
Or should remain in silence
Should give me light,
Or lead me through the dark

Whatever the cost
Whatever joy or sorrow
I'll worship still
Because of who You are



And here's a picture of some of the Australian team to JAMA USA in 2004 with Starfield.





In closing, I'm also looking forward to Chris Tomlin's new CD, See the Morning, which will be released late September. :)


3 comments:

David Kwag said...

Hey Steve.

I think i will be free everyday for lunch so drop by anytime.
I'm not sure if discounts for me start ASAP but i heard they make a really good coffee.

Take Care steve

Steve said...

Janice: hehe

have a listen and tell me what you think of the CD. :)

And hope the study's going great!

Minsang: It'll be nice to catch up with you. Yeah...i've heard the coffee's quite good, but never had a reason to go in :)

Anyways, see you soon buddy!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
STARFIELD!!!
I'M SO GETTING A COPY...
as soon as i get paid...
lol hehehehehehehe