Hi everyone!
It's been a very, very, VERY long time! I'm sorry I haven't been updating, but I think I will be back at this on a more regular basis now! hehe
So, what's been happening with me?
Well, most of you know. But, for those who don't, my pastoral ministry at Saesoon has now drawn to a close. I resigned at the end of June, and for the past month, I've been relaxing. This is my 7th year in ministry, so it's a good chance to take a sabbatical of sorts. :)
It's kinda weird, actually. Not doing anything is not something I'm used to. But it's been a good chance to catch my breath and consider the big picture in terms of where God is leading me.
The first few weeks, it felt like what jigging would feel like! (BTW, I've never jigged, so I don't exactly know! hehe) But yeah, going through a Saturday without the thought of preaching the next day...very odd after doing it for close to 7 years!
Each Sunday, I've been visiting all the churches that I wanted to drop by but couldn't because of my own ministry commitments. It's been a refreshing time to see how other churches are carrying out their minstries.
I've also been asked to be the guest preacher at various churches this month. So I'm back in the routine of sermon prep, which is a good thing. :)
Another thing I've been doing is attending a lot of 21st birthdays! It's quite an odd feeling, as it's been a long time since I've been to a 21st birthday party. But as my old students turn 21, I've been lucky enough to be invited by them to drop by their parties. I feel really glad and special that I'd be invited, actually! hehe Anyways, as promised, I'll keep posting regularly now. Bye all!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey Steve it's good to see you blogging!
We saw you and Sunny at Rhodes centre yesterday and called out but I don't think you heard us.
Anyway it's good to hear you've been busy as a guest preacher. People will appreciate hearing you speak as much as we have before.
Bye!
hey steve
yes i must agree that to break such a deep set routine certainly takes some getting used to!
but glad to see that ur preaching and stuff again
hope the rest was good for u!
heheh
now that our dinner was postponed
when do u think we can have it???
kekeke
take care bro
~juno
Will: Hey mate! Did you go to the cinemas? Sunny and I were going to go, but decided to just watch DVDs at home instead...hehe
Juno: The break has been good! Yes! We do need to re-schedule that dinner...tell me when you're free :)
Heinz: Heya mate! I really loved that funny japanese youtube clip you had on your site...had a good laugh! hehe
Janice: Heeeeyyyyy!!!! hehe
Let's indeed catch up soon! Even if it's somewhere random like...cut-throat uno night! :P
Post a Comment