
Around 11pm local time last night (Midnight Sydney time), I got really hungry so I went out to see if there was anything open. The terminal was completely deserted! Every shop shuttered and not a soul to be seen. This is how Tom Hanks must've felt in The Terminal! hehe

So I just went back to my room and tried to sleep. I don't know when I drifted off to sleepland, but I woke up and it was pretty late...10:30am. I quickly showered, got dressed, and went outside to get some food into me.
Went to this place called Welly's Food Court and ordered abolone jjoog. It wasn't too bad.

Then popped in next door to a cafe called...Welly's Cafe and had a coffee. The mug was really pretty.

Pity the contents weren't quite as good...
Anyways, I walked around the terminal watching people, then went back to my room to watch a bit of TV until I had to check out.
Checking out was done, and I moved down to the gate I'd be departing from.


On this flight, I was way up the back...I didn't mind as long as there was power on the seat. Unfortunately, when I got to my seat (54J) and plugged my computer power in, there was no response. Apparently, all the power outlets were turned off for this flight...don't know why!

But the private screen with VOD (Video on Demand) and the INCREDIBLE amount of space I had more than made up for it. :)

My seat was in the section of the back of the plane where the fuselage starts to taper in to the tail. So there's not enough space in the cabin to fit 3 seats in the window row, so they settled for 2. What this meant was that I had copious amounts of leg space and storage space next to me. And since I had my noise-cancelling headphones, I wasn't worried about the engine noise. :)


The flight was 11 hours, 40 minutes long, and I was planning to stay awake for the whole flight, so I could adjust to LA time ASAP. I was afraid I might be a nuisance to the flight attendants, because I'd be asking for drinks and munchies throughout the night instead of sleeping. But thankfully, the one who was mainly looking after my stretch of the seating didn't mind too much.




Finally arrived in Los Angeles. I just love how flying to LA means you get there before you left! Because of the International Dateline, I arrived in LA 11AM on Saturday, 28 October. I'd left Seoul Incheon Airport at 3PM on Saturday, 28 October. hehe



I caught a shuttle bus to Travelodge International Inn, Anaheim. That's what I'll be calling home for the next week or so...hehe



Checked into my room (231). By that stage, it was around 2pm. I was really hungry as I hadn't had lunch yet, so I went next door to a diner franchise called Denny's and got myself some food.


I'd arranged to meet up with a guy called Alex (some of you may remember him from JAMA Convention last year) tonight. He was going to come and pick me up around 5:30ish, so I was waiting in my room watching a bit of TV.

Unfortunately, I'd dozed off, and when I woke up, I thought he'd left. I quickly called him, to find that he was still waiting for me in the car park. Thank you Alex!
I'm so glad that he did, because where he took me was really nice!
We went to Redondo Beach and had fresh steamed crabs. YUMMY!!!!!!





They were excellent! I could seriously eat about 10 of these by myself! Then we walked around the pier area a bit, and got back to my hotel.





No comments:
Post a Comment