I got ready by 7:30 in the morning. Pastor Steve Choi came to pick me up. You may remember him from JAMA Jr in 2005. It was really good to see him again. :)

Anyways, he took me out to breakfast with his pastoral staff. In the photo below, they are from left to right: me, Pastor David Cho, Pastor Jeff Hyun, and Pastor Steve Choi.

The breakfast was huge! I'm not used to eating so much for brekkie!
The whole feel of the church was quite similar to Saesoon. Much better facilities, and 3-4 times the size, but the overall atmosphere was familiar.
Anyways, Sarang Church had a missionary guest today. Rev Art Kinsler was born in North Korea to missionary parents, and in his late 70's he's involved in outreach to North Korea. Anyways, I was invited to the lunch with him, and ate at a local Korean place where we had dok-bo-sam. I've really, REALLY missed it! It's starting to appear in Sydney, but they don't do it properly...hehe
And during this lunch, I met a guy called Scott (photo below).

We got to talking, and it turns out he knew some Aussie Koreans. So I asked about that, and he was close friends with David Jung, fiance of our very own Eunji Kim!

The world truly is a small place ... 6 degrees of separation and all that. :)
Anyways, after the very satisfying lunch, Pastor Steve Choi dropped me off back at my hotel.
I got changed out of my suit and then walked down about 5 blocks to get to a Mexican place that was recommended. The food was great...once thing that Sydney doesn't have is great Mexican food. So in LA, that's where I have to load up! :)
I got back to my hotel around 8:30ish. I turned on the TV and was watching the various football games that were on. But I was deadbeat tired...having been awake since around 3 in the morning plus the effects of jetlag. So after about half an hour, I turned the TV off and went to sleep. :)


1 comment:
wowwwwwwww looking good moksanim!~ ^^
yeah you should always have a big meal for breakfast hehe thats where all your energy comes from!~ (well should come from...)
Post a Comment